Sunday 28 October 2012

Saskatchewan River

This story begins with once again Ken convincing me that I should go fishing with him for Walleye on the Saskatchewan River. I have to admit I am spoiled (why would I fish the river when there are so many lakes to go to). Ken tells me he's been catching pickerel like crazy down by the creek mouth, which is literally one minute from my house. I finally agree to go see what all the fuss is about on a cold but sunny October afternoon. We anchor Ken's 14' boat in about four feet of water and within seconds both of us have fish on, and Ken gives me the I told you so look. We managed to put together a pretty nice stringer while throwing lots of fish back. In most cases when fishing Walleye usually it's the small fish that get thrown back, that was not the case on this day as most of the fish were too big to keep (22" or larger). Ken and I caught a few around  the 26" mark, there were a couple of Manitoba master anglers (28" and up) landed in other boats. Maybe I will take a few minutes from my busy schedule and try the Saskatchewan again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment